I meant to join this reading challenge last year but never got around to signing up for it, so this year I am actually Doing the Thing. This reading challenge is hosted by CW (blog: The Quiet Pond, Twitter: @artfromafriend), Lily (blog: Sprinkles of Dreams, Twitter: @sprnklsofdreams), Shealea (blog: Shut Up Shealea, Twitter: @bookshelfbitch), and Vicky (blog: Vicky Who Reads, Twitter: @vickycbooks). You can find the sign-up and detailed information page here.
Basically the reading challenge encourages everyone to read books by Asian authors year-round throughout 2020. You set a goal for a number of books you want to read and earn a badge featuring an Asian animal for hitting certain targets. I’ve decided to be ambitious and aim for the highest tier, 50+ books, which makes my goal the Bengali tiger:
This post will serve as the place where I update which books I’ve read and link any reviews I write for the books I read for the challenge.
As a matter of fact, I’ve already read a few books by Asian authors this year, so I have a list already. Here’s my list:
- I’m Ok by Patti Kim
- The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Yan Glaser
- The Vanderbeekers and the Hidden Garden (The Vanderbeekers #2) by Karina Yan Glaser
- Aru Shah and the Song of Death (The Pandava Series #2) by Roshani Chokshi
- Mindy Kim and the Yummy Seaweed Business by Lyla Lee
- The Descent of Monsters by JY Yang
- The Ascent to Godhood by JY Yang
- The Serpent’s Secret by Sayantani DasGupta
- Game of Stars by Sayantani DasGupta
- Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim
Current Badges Earned: Philippine Tarsier (1-10 books)